POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Small Request (maybe). Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Small Request (maybe). (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Steve
Subject: Small Request (maybe).
Date: 24 Jul 2000 18:53:15
Message: <slrn8nphrp.781.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
I'd like to request that an unpacked version of POV with all it's
bits for each platform be put somewhere on the server.

The reason why I ask this is that today I was toying with the idea
of producing an "Insert" menu for emacs a la Win95 version of POV.

I know that all the info for the Win95 version is kept in a file that
you can customise, so I wanted a copy of that file and couldn't find
one anywhere on the POV server without d/l'ing a Win version which
I have now way of unpacking as I don't have access to any Microsoft
based machines.

My solution was to email Ken, I didn't want to post a request here
for the Insert-Menu file because I'd probably get hundreds in my
mail.

My grand plan is to write a perl script that will produce the emacs
menu from the Insert-Menu file that's used for the other platforms,
that way as POV is upgraded, the perl script just needs to be run
on the standard Insert-Menu file and it will produce a new Insert
menu for emacs.

I also don't think it's fair on Ken that everyone has to go to him
for all these little bits and pieces.  Maybe I should have emailed
Mark instead?

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 11:23pm  up 9 days, 21:50,  2 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.01, 1.00

Post a reply to this message