POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Small Request (maybe). : Re: Small Request (maybe). Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small Request (maybe).
From: Steve
Date: 25 Jul 2000 12:13:43
Message: <slrn8nr3c5.8oq.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:01:17 +0200, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>In article <slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain> ,
>ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet (Steve) wrote:
>
>> I know that all the info for the Win95 version is kept in a file that
>> you can customise, so I wanted a copy of that file and couldn't find
>> one anywhere on the POV server without d/l'ing a Win version which
>> I have now way of unpacking as I don't have access to any Microsoft
>> based machines.
>
>If you refer to the original template menu file, the specification is in the
>Mac documentation...

Thanks, Ken has sent me a zipped copy of all of the files in their
directories.  I need to write the menu in lisp so I'll do some of it manually
in order to get the hang of it and find out exactly what's required and
then write a perl script that will read the files and directories and produce
the appropriate lisp file with the items to be included.

Due to the capabilities of lisp I think it's going to be possible to edit
individual items from the Insert menu whenever you want, and save the changes
there and then, I don't think that you can do that with the windows version.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  1:35pm  up 10 days, 12:01,  3 users,  load average: 1.06, 1.01, 1.00