POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smoothing 8 bit greyscale images Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Smoothing 8 bit greyscale images (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Glenn Greenway
Subject: Smoothing 8 bit greyscale images
Date: 8 Jul 2000 03:23:34
Message: <B58C4F35.5F55%glenncg@isrv.com>
Hello,

Is there a standard method for 'upsampling' 8 bit greyscale images to 16 bit
using MacMegaPov?  I know that POV can read 8 bits and write 16 but without
an imtermediate smoothing step the resultant image isn't any smoother.  I
think what I need is a good old fasioned gaussian blur but am unsure how to
accomplish that within MacMegaPov.  Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Glenn

Post a reply to this message