POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another POV-Ray site suggestion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:37:49 EDT (-0400)
  Another POV-Ray site suggestion (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: Another POV-Ray site suggestion
Date: 22 Jun 2000 18:25:10
Message: <3f45lsgc5p8foeb6d231rdvo5aifp0irq3@4ax.com>
On 22 Jun 2000 11:34:30 -0400, ron### [at] povrayorg (Ron Parker)
wrote:

>I finally got it figured out.  I now have word indexes of all of the
>newsgroups on this server, including articles on off-topic that are long
>gone.  The collection is 18 megs, zipped (about 50 megs, unzipped) and
>current as of 2 AM EST yesterday morning.  I still have to figure out how
>to do incremental updates, but that doesn't look too hard.
>
>Now... what do I do with them?

Make some stats. Top posters, top repliers, average response time,
longest thread, top posters in the five longest threads etc., whatever
comes to mind.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 01:24:38 +0300, Peter Popov wrote:
>Make some stats. Top posters, top repliers, average response time,
>longest thread, top posters in the five longest threads etc., whatever
>comes to mind.

It's not that kind of an index.  It's the kind where you can say "show
me all articles that contained the word ambidextrous and the word lunatic
in the povray.off-topic newsgroup."

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message

"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] linuxparkerrfwicom...
| On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 01:24:38 +0300, Peter Popov wrote:
| >Make some stats. Top posters, top repliers, average response time,
| >longest thread, top posters in the five longest threads etc., whatever
| >comes to mind.
|
| It's not that kind of an index.  It's the kind where you can say "show
| me all articles that contained the word ambidextrous and the word lunatic
| in the povray.off-topic newsgroup."

Most of them, eh?
I'd like to see a sorting based on what I'm thinking at the moment.  Not gonna
happen.

Bob

Post a reply to this message