POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray page design ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  New POV-Ray page design ? (Message 37 to 46 of 106)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: New POV-Ray page design ?
Date: 19 Jun 2000 02:58:36
Message: <394dc49c@news.povray.org>
"Andrea Ryan" wrote:
> It's better to have a good design for both since the splash page is the
> first one people see unless they get an URL to an specific page.
> Brendan Ryan

My definition of a splash page is a special page that contains no useful
contents. I would call the first page at http://www.scifi-art.com/ for a
splash page, but I wouldn't call the first page at http://www.povray.org for
a splash page.

I don't think that websites need splash pages, and I think it's good that
povray.org doesn't have one (using my own definition of "splash page").

My own website has a splash page, but it's only because it is needed in
order for the structure of my site to work. I would remove it if I could...

Greetings,

Rune

--
Updated June 12: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
3D images, include files, stereograms, tutorials,

Post a reply to this message