POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV, transparency and web-graphics. Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  POV, transparency and web-graphics. (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Scott Hill
Subject: POV, transparency and web-graphics.
Date: 19 May 2000 12:32:41
Message: <39256ca9$1@news.povray.org>
Very quick query (I know this has come up on here before) -

    I've got POV outputting TGA's with alpha info, so that I can make
buttons, icons, etc for my web page, but what file format should I use on
the web-page ?
    According to PSP, alpha info isn't stored in GIFs or JPGs and PNGs don't
seem to be supported by many browsers yet (if any ?).
    Are there any cheap(free) tools available that'll put alpha info into
GIFs or JPGs ?

--
Scott Hill. (sco### [at] innocentcom)
Software Engineer.