POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV, transparency and web-graphics. : Re: POV, transparency and web-graphics. Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:38:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV, transparency and web-graphics.
From: Alf Peake
Date: 20 May 2000 10:57:00
Message: <3926a7bc@news.povray.org>
I use GIFs coz PNG doesn't seem to be supported. PSP lets you select
the colour for transparency.
For animations I use Gif Constructor, again it will let you select the
transparent colour and both will take Pov's TGAs for input. I usually
give GifCon's output to PSP's Animation Wizard to optimize it.

--
Alf

http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alf_Peake/

Scott Hill <sco### [at] geniecouk> wrote in message
> Very quick query (I know this has come up on here before) -
>
>     I've got POV outputting TGA's with alpha info, so that I can
make
> buttons, icons, etc for my web page, but what file format should I
use on
> the web-page ?
>     According to PSP, alpha info isn't stored in GIFs or JPGs and
PNGs don't