POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Submission formats? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:39:26 EDT (-0400)
  PLC: Submission formats? (Message 1 to 10 of 73)
From: Rune
Subject: PLC: Submission formats?
Date: 14 May 2000 11:33:36
Message: <391ec750@news.povray.org>
After having found out the general qualities of the logos we can proceed and
begin to discuss the technical requirements. That is mainly about
resolutions.

I suggest that each logo should on the voting page be presented in the
following 5 formats:

A 32x32 pixel black and white version. Shades of gray is allowed, but only
for anti-aliasing. For the reason of keeping the sizes small I think 16
shades of gray is enough. I personally hardly can tell the difference
between 256 shades of gray and 16 shades of gray, when the shades of gray is
used only for anti-aliasing.

A 14400 pixel black and white version. This version must contain 14400
pixels at most, but the logo-designers can decide for themselves if they
want a 60x240, or 80x180, or 120x120 resolution, or something completely
else. This is so no shapes of logos are favored. Shades of gray is allowed
in the same way as in the previous version.

3 custom versions. For these 3 versions the size limit is 14400 pixels as in
the previous version, but any amount of colors may be used. These versions
are supposed to show how interesting the logo can be presented, and how
flexible it is. It is encouraged that the 3 versions are made as different
as possible, to show flexibility.

So, these 5 formats are my suggestion. What do you think of it?

BTW, the POV-Ray Logo Contest Page is updated:
http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/logo/logo.html

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,