POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Submission formats? : Re: PLC: Submission formats? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:59:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLC: Submission formats?
From: Rune
Date: 14 May 2000 18:06:15
Message: <391f2357@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> "Rune" wrote:
> > A 32x32 pixel black and white version.
>
> This sounds good.

Good!

> > A 14400 pixel black and white version
>
> Why 14400? I personally would prefer 19200,
> so you could have 160*120.

If you take 19200 a square logo will have a width and height of 138.5640...
Of course you would just round down to 138, but if we use 14400, there's
many different formats that gives "nice" numbers, because 14400 is a number
that can be divided with many numbers.

> > So, these 5 formats are my suggestion.
> > What do you think of it?
>
> I would suggest an optional 6th version,
> a "plain" color version. Some logos have
> color schemes which are part of the logo

Yes. I thought of that. Maybe it's best that way. I just hope not too many
people will make logos with "official" colors if the colors are not a very
important part of the logo. Take Tony's eye logo for example. I think it
looks nice in colors, but I don't think the specific colors of the logo are
very important. I would rather have that people could make their own
versions with different colors.

But maybe for those logos where the colors are *really* an important part of
the logo we should have this format. In that case I would say that we should
restrict the amount of colors. Say like, "no color gradients, only plain
colors, and not too many". A couple of colors would be normal while
something like 8 different colors would be an absolute maximum. What do you
think of this?

Anyway, if we add this optional large color format, I think we could have a
32x32 color format too. That way we can see how the official colors look in
a small resolution.

> And maybe a larger resolution "fancy" version,
> like a splash screen. Not necessarily the logo,
> but an image using it.

That's what I though one could use one of the custom formats for. Do you
really think more than 120x120 pixels are required just to show the logo in
a fancy way? I would like to hear what you think, maybe we really should add
a larger format too... But I must also think of bandwidth... Hmm...

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,