POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Japan & Poland Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Japan & Poland (Message 21 to 30 of 40)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Japan & Poland
Date: 16 May 2000 20:13:50
Message: <3921E3A5.B6CF05C0@pacbell.net>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> It looks that there is a very good reason why there has been a Japanese
> povray book and why POV-Ray was granted a long review in a Japanese
> magazine. But what about these many Polish users ? Is POV-Ray
> particularly popular in Poland ?
> G.

There is no doubt the Japanese comprise a good portion of the POV-Ray
community now even though we have little communication with them
because of the language barrier. In recent times we have also seen
an emergence of people coming from the former Soviet block countries
(understandable) as well as mainland China. I do find it surprising
that we don't see any traffic from India and the entire African
continent is poorly represented. I am sure that the economic
infrastructures of the various countries has a lot to do with it.