POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Made in POV-Ray or not ? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  PLC: Made in POV-Ray or not ? (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Rune
Subject: PLC: Made in POV-Ray or not ?
Date: 6 May 2000 13:21:32
Message: <3914549c@news.povray.org>
In the thread "POVLOGO" there is a big discussion about whether or not the
logo *must* be made with POV-Ray.

People can't quite agree no matter how much arguing is done, but I guess
that's just natural.

Since we can't reach a conclusion by arguing, I think we could make a
"mini-voting" about the question, and see people's opinions that way. Let's
say, if more than 60% agree, then we have our conclusion. If not, we'll have
to find another way to find out.

Some people say:
"What does it tell about POV-Ray if it can't even to render its own logo?
Also, a logo made with POV-Ray can be distributed with the program. This way
people can use the logo "object" in their scenes if they wish."

Others say:
"Why not accept every logo, made with POV-Ray or not. We could always
convert the winning logo to POV-Ray code later. Should that conversion not
be practical, it would show that the logo creator indeed had a good reason
not to use POV-Ray."

At least, that's my attempt at making a summery of the arguments I've seen.
However, I encourage everybody to read the thread "POVLOGO" and as many of
the replies as possible before voting here.

Remember: This voting is not about if the logos *should* be made with
POV-ray. It is about if the logos *must* be made with POV-Ray. If we reach a
conclusion, that conclusion will be a rule everyone must follow.

You can vote "yes" or "no", but please don't come with arguments here. Post
your arguments in the "POVLOGO" thread if you want.

So here's the question we vote about:

Must the logo be made with POV-Ray? (yes or no)

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,

>Must the logo be made with POV-Ray? (yes or no)

IMHO, no. It would be nice if it were made in POV, but it shouldn't be
obligatory.

BTW, it's "summAry".

Post a reply to this message