POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Made in POV-Ray or not ? : Re: PLC: Made in POV-Ray or not ? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 20:10:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLC: Made in POV-Ray or not ?
From: Ken
Date: 6 May 2000 15:04:56
Message: <39146C43.BDDA6A14@pacbell.net>
Rune wrote:

> Must the logo be made with POV-Ray? (yes or no)

That is a loaded question and I refuse to answer it. I have seen no one
argue that it MUST be made with POV-Ray though the consensus seems to
me to say that is preferable. Even the POV-Team is willing to accept a
logo made outside of POV-Ray if you re-read their reply you will see that.

The way I see it the rules should include a statement such as the following:

"You may use any graphics application you wish to create your logo entry
but it would be preferable if the logo could be rendered with POV-Ray."