POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Progam for rendering colour DXF Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Progam for rendering colour DXF (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Dieter Gaffrey
Subject: Progam for rendering colour DXF
Date: 27 Mar 2000 13:09:13
Message: <38DFA3B7.CF161032@ufobi6.uni-forst.gwdg.de>
Hi,

meanwhile, I have tried several rendering and format conversion programs

which can import DXF-files (and export POV-files), but I could not
find anyone which support the colour information in my DXFs (ACAD 14).

Any idea (in the low cost region, of course)?

Thanks for tips!

Dieter

Post a reply to this message

> meanwhile, I have tried several rendering and format conversion programs
>
> which can import DXF-files (and export POV-files), but I could not
> find anyone which support the colour information in my DXFs (ACAD 14).
>
> Any idea (in the low cost region, of course)?
>
> Thanks for tips!
>
> Dieter

If you are truly exporting from Acad 14 you would be better off exporting
.3ds files instead of .dxf. It's much easier to keep the color information
that way plus the files sizes are much smaller.

> If you are truly exporting from Acad 14 you would be better off exporting
> .3ds files instead of .dxf. It's much easier to keep the color information
> that way plus the files sizes are much smaller.

my DXFs are created by a special TurboPascal program.
Unfortunately, ACAD 14 does not support a 3DS export.  :-((

Dieter

Post a reply to this message