POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Progam for rendering colour DXF : Re: Progam for rendering colour DXF Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progam for rendering colour DXF
From: Ken
Date: 27 Mar 2000 14:32:38
Message: <38DFB489.9AF8C9DF@pacbell.net>
Dieter Gaffrey wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>

> > If you are truly exporting from Acad 14 you would be better off exporting
> > .3ds files instead of .dxf. It's much easier to keep the color information
> > that way plus the files sizes are much smaller.
> >

> my DXFs are created by a special TurboPascal program.
> Unfortunately, ACAD 14 does not support a 3DS export.  :-((

Yes it does. File menu -> export -> file format choose .3ds.

Anyway you might want to take a look at wcvt2pov or maybe crossroads
if you haven't already. They both allow you to edit the color information
of individual groups before exporting to POV-Ray. Both programs can
be found at the same site with wcvt2pov being designed to support
POV-Ray v2.2 and crossroads for the later versions of POV-Ray.

http://www.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads/