POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : While we are talking about changes Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  While we are talking about changes (Message 11 to 20 of 46)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Re: While we are talking about changes
Date: 12 Mar 2000 21:02:00
Message: <38CC4C86.FEEF8B6C@peak.edu.ee>
Ron Parker wrote:

> Who is this "most people" you talk about?  Most modelers do that, but
> I would think most people make the box where they want it.  I know I
> do.

Only if you want it aligned to the major axes.
I usually consider it a good idea to create objects at the origin and then apply
the necessary transformations. I feel it gives more control over the final
placement of the object, and the look of the texture.

Margus

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:03:50 +0200, Margus Ramst wrote:
>Ron Parker wrote:
>>
>> Who is this "most people" you talk about?  Most modelers do that, but
>> I would think most people make the box where they want it.  I know I
>> do.
>
>Only if you want it aligned to the major axes.
>I usually consider it a good idea to create objects at the origin and then apply
>the necessary transformations. I feel it gives more control over the final
>placement of the object, and the look of the texture.

That's true; I do create boxes that won't be axis-aligned at the origin, but
I still create them the correct size.

Post a reply to this message