POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : While we are talking about changes : Re: While we are talking about changes Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:10:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: While we are talking about changes
From: Tom Melly
Date: 14 Mar 2000 05:22:03
Message: <38ce12cb@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] linuxparkerrfwicom...
> On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 07:56:08 -0500, Bill DeWitt wrote:
> >Since most people use a unit, at origin object, then scale
> >and translate, it could save tons of typing.
>
> Who is this "most people" you talk about?  Most modelers do that, but
> I would think most people make the box where they want it.  I know I
> do.

I'm suprised - I'm trying to write a short newbie tutorial on object
transformations, and one of my general rules is always create objects with a
known point at <0,0,0>. Don't you lose track of where you objects are going
to end up if you scale them? (or at least find it harder).