POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : While we are talking about changes : Re: While we are talking about changes Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: While we are talking about changes
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 13 Mar 2000 20:06:56
Message: <38CD8FD4.C05F19C3@attglobal.net>
David Fontaine wrote:

> Francois Labreque wrote:
>
> > box {
> >     scale < 2, 2, 2 >
> >     translate < 5, 5, 5 >
> > }
> >
> > is actually more characters than
> >
> > box {
> >     < 5, 5, 5 >
> >     < 7, 7, 7 >
> > }
>
> or you could do box { 5 7 } :-)

OK.  The choice of numbers wasn't probably the best to illustrate my
point, but I think it came across nevertheless.   Anyway, most of my
boxes look more like this:

box {
    < 2.875, 5.5, 3.6333333 >
    < 7.142857, 9.3, 4 >
}

Which is wayyyyyyyyy easier than

box {
    scale < 4.267857, 3.8, 0.2666666 >
    translate < 7.642857, 9.8, 4.5 >
}

--
Francois Labreque | It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it
     flabreq      | is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,