POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) Server Time
14 Sep 2024 20:10:38 EDT (-0400)
  POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) (Message 23 to 32 of 92)
From: TonyB
Subject: Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?)
Date: 12 Mar 2000 14:56:57
Message: <38cbf689@news.povray.org>
>  I'm just wondering about this obsession. "For-loops in povray would just
>make the syntax more complicated", "+= operators would just save some
>characters", "do-until-loops are not needed since we have while-loops",
>"classes will make CSDL too complicated", and so on and so on.

That is *exactly* the kind of reaction I got when I suggested those things a
year ago. I don't care if other people don't like it. Don't like, don't use
it. I know I will. The one I would like a lot is

I++;

instead of... um, let me rephrase that... in addition to

I = I + 1;

Post a reply to this message