POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) : Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Mar 2000 15:11:50
Message: <chrishuff_99-86CE5F.15134112032000@news.povray.org>
In article <8EF5C9340seed7@204.213.191.228>, ing### [at] homenl (ingo)
wrote:

> If the script/program is not a binary but a human readable file, I see no
> more problems with it than with the POV language.

Maybe...

> >My idea is a program that in it's most basic form would take an input
> >CSDL file and some parameters, and output a POV file(or several POV
> >files).
>
> Although it's only output is a mesh, have you ever looked at Steve's
> Object Builder? http://www.carr.lib.md.us/~stevensl/

I remember seeing that web page...I don't like Perl though, at least not
for this. It seems even harder to read than POV-Script, and not designed
for the purpose of describing scenes. Even some of the "easy to read"
examples on the Perl web page look hard to understand. But Steve's
Object Builder does fill some of the same needs CSDL would.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom