POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) : Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 Mar 2000 15:30:49
Message: <chrishuff_99-AB17DA.15324012032000@news.povray.org>
In article <38CBF99D.9183AE4E@usb.ve>, jac### [at] usbve wrote:

> > Actually, I think it *is* a play toy for programmers. Think about it...
> >

> Now I have to disagree with you.
> My point is that there are people getting very good results in this
> direction.

Note that I also said: "It is also a play toy for 3D graphics
amateurs..."

When I said "amateurs", I was referring to people who are working with
it in their free time. As in:

"amateur 1. one that has a marked fondness, liking or taste. 2. one that
engages in a particular pursuit, study or science as a pastime rather
than as a profession"
-- From Webster's 3rd unabridged

Also note that I said it had many other uses.

It *is* a play toy for programmers. That isn't the only thing it is, but
it is one of them, and perhaps the main thing it started out as.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom