POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Engineering Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Engineering (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Chris Maryan
Subject: Engineering
Date: 6 Mar 2000 00:56:51
Message: <38C348DD.FDD32D03@mcmaster.ca>
I realize this is completely off topic in this news group but I know
that many engineers (ken and company) and the like read this ng and the
Pov Ray community has always been fairly supportive of off topic
discussions and I respect the opinions of this group(For what it's worth
I am also going to post a similar message to sci.engr).
	I am a first year engineering student at McMaster University in
Hamilton, Canada. The program is generalized in first year and we do not
specialize until the second year of the program. As such, the time has
come for me to make my decision about which specialty I will choose next
year and I am slightly overwhelmed with my options. My grades this year
are sufficient to allow me to take any program of my choice, but my
interests have limited the options to computer, electrical or software
engineering or (to a lesser extent) engineering physics. In addition, I
plan on taking a managment option which will extend my studies to at
least five years.
	My question is, how did you choose which field you wanted to study in?
I would love to hear what anyone has to say on the subject and if
someone wants to throw in some propaganda for their field, I wouldn't
mind that either.
	The options are all equally possible in my mind and the only criteria
that I have come up with is the possibility of doing graduate work. My
limited observations have shown me that possibilities for interesting
work towards a masters degree are more common in these fields than in
mechanical or civil engineering. Beyond this, I feel equally at home in
all engineering fields except chemical and materials engineering. In
addition, I have a large number of familly members in these fields all
pushing towards their respective areas.

I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Thanks.

--
Chris Maryan
mailto: mar### [at] mcmasterca