POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Raytracing Worlds with POV-Ray.... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Raytracing Worlds with POV-Ray.... (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Jason
Subject: Raytracing Worlds with POV-Ray....
Date: 29 Feb 2000 22:24:48
Message: <38bc8d80$1@news.povray.org>
I was wondering if anyone had this book and what they
thought of it. I am trying to track down a copy through a
local book store, but before I pay the price to find it
(because it's out of print) I want to make sure that it's
something that I want.
 Some of the things I was wondering were:
what does it cover (ie: basic syntax and program functions
or does it get into detail about some of the more complex
math functions POV is capable of)?
 what version of POV was released when the book was
 published?

Post a reply to this message

> I was wondering if anyone had this book and what they
> thought of it. I am trying to track down a copy through a
> local book store, but before I pay the price to find it
> (because it's out of print) I want to make sure that it's
> something that I want.
>  Some of the things I was wondering were:
> what does it cover (ie: basic syntax and program functions
> or does it get into detail about some of the more complex
> math functions POV is capable of)?
>  what version of POV was released when the book was
>  published?

It is a very good read because it gives you an insight as to how
the whole raytracing process works. It was however written for
POV-Ray v2.2 and as such has no information on the math functions
that were later introduced in v3.0.

You can read a little more about it here -

http://members.iquest.net/~cyoung/ray/