POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Raytracing Worlds with POV-Ray.... : Re: Raytracing Worlds with POV-Ray.... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytracing Worlds with POV-Ray....
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 1 Mar 2000 08:08:49
Message: <38bd1661@news.povray.org>
The covers look good. ,c)
I think that a good technical writer (with a contract from one of the
large publishers) will have a good chance of selling a number of copies
of a povray book, were it published for example about now ;) (well, or
some time soon anyway...) covering version 3.1, with an appendix for the
megapatch (and probably Moray?).
Maybe even a "POV-Ray For Dummies" (those books - though I have never
bought or read one - sell like mad, and have been published about topics
much more marginal, and with a lesser userbase, than POV-Ray)...
As the saying goes: "In his life, a man should plant a tree, father a
child and write a book."
Isn't anyone of you POV gurus interested? :)

Johannes.

> Nieminen Juha wrote:
> >
> >   I think that every book written about povray will be hopelessly
outdated
> > in no time at all.
>
> While true it is a good sign that POV-Ray is being developed faster
> than the publishers and authors can keep up with :)
>
>  If you can read Japanese there is a much more modern POV-Ray book
> available published in July of last year. It appears there are two
> versions available one for the linux platform and one for Windows-
> but I am only guessing because the book covers are difficult to read.
>
> http://www.win.ne.jp/~kom/povbook.html
>
> --
> Ken Tyler -  1300+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing
Links:
http://www.povray.org/links/