POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : RGB Channel Merging Program? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  RGB Channel Merging Program? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Equiprawn
Subject: RGB Channel Merging Program?
Date: 18 Feb 2000 19:55:45
Message: <38adea11@news.povray.org>
Hi,

OK, I know this isn't strictly related to the 3D world, but I was going
through Nasa's site, and I found three 22 meg jpegs, each a section of a map
of the surface of Mars. One is the red colour channel, one the green and the
third the blue. I though to myself "Ohhh! Lovely high detailed closeups of
the surface in my renderings!", so I d'l them over the course of a week.

However, I have been unable to recombine them into a final Jpeg. I have
tried using both Photoshop 5.0 and Paint Shop Pro 5, but both run out of
memory (I have 128 megs, and 2 gigs available for virtual) when I try to add
the third channel.

So my question is, does anyone know a simple windows/dos command line
program that will take however long it takes, but be less dependant on
memory for this job?

Thanks,

Equiprawn

Post a reply to this message

Maybe if you turn off Undo for the time being it will be able to handle the
merges.

Bob

"Equiprawn" <equ### [at] tinetie> wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| OK, I know this isn't strictly related to the 3D world, but I was going
| through Nasa's site, and I found three 22 meg jpegs, each a section of a map
| of the surface of Mars. One is the red colour channel, one the green and the
| third the blue. I though to myself "Ohhh! Lovely high detailed closeups of
| the surface in my renderings!", so I d'l them over the course of a week.
|
| However, I have been unable to recombine them into a final Jpeg. I have
| tried using both Photoshop 5.0 and Paint Shop Pro 5, but both run out of
| memory (I have 128 megs, and 2 gigs available for virtual) when I try to add
| the third channel.
|
| So my question is, does anyone know a simple windows/dos command line
| program that will take however long it takes, but be less dependant on
| memory for this job?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Equiprawn

Post a reply to this message

Hmmm... I wonder if you could render three coincident imagemaps with
different transparencies....

"Equiprawn" <equ### [at] tinetie> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> OK, I know this isn't strictly related to the 3D world, but I was going
> through Nasa's site, and I found three 22 meg jpegs, each a section of a
map
> of the surface of Mars. One is the red colour channel, one the green and
the
> third the blue. I though to myself "Ohhh! Lovely high detailed closeups of
> the surface in my renderings!", so I d'l them over the course of a week.
>
> However, I have been unable to recombine them into a final Jpeg. I have
> tried using both Photoshop 5.0 and Paint Shop Pro 5, but both run out of
> memory (I have 128 megs, and 2 gigs available for virtual) when I try to
add
> the third channel.
>
> So my question is, does anyone know a simple windows/dos command line
> program that will take however long it takes, but be less dependant on
> memory for this job?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Equiprawn

Post a reply to this message