POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : RGB Channel Merging Program? : Re: RGB Channel Merging Program? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RGB Channel Merging Program?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 22 Feb 2000 15:51:36
Message: <38b2f6d8@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 19 Feb 2000 00:55:08 -0000, Equiprawn wrote:
>So my question is, does anyone know a simple windows/dos command line
>program that will take however long it takes, but be less dependant on
>memory for this job?

netpbm can do it.  You'll need to convert using jpgtoppm, then use
ppmtopgm to convert to pgm format, then use rgb3toppm to combine the
channels, then finally use ppmtojpg to convert back to jpg format.

I have all of these except the two jpg programs, but you could use
Photoshop to convert to TIFF first and use tifftopnm and pnmtotiff
instead of the jpg versions.

If you want a copy, let me know and I'll email it to you.