POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : RGB Channel Merging Program? : RGB Channel Merging Program? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  RGB Channel Merging Program?
From: Equiprawn
Date: 18 Feb 2000 19:55:45
Message: <38adea11@news.povray.org>
Hi,

OK, I know this isn't strictly related to the 3D world, but I was going
through Nasa's site, and I found three 22 meg jpegs, each a section of a map
of the surface of Mars. One is the red colour channel, one the green and the
third the blue. I though to myself "Ohhh! Lovely high detailed closeups of
the surface in my renderings!", so I d'l them over the course of a week.

However, I have been unable to recombine them into a final Jpeg. I have
tried using both Photoshop 5.0 and Paint Shop Pro 5, but both run out of
memory (I have 128 megs, and 2 gigs available for virtual) when I try to add
the third channel.

So my question is, does anyone know a simple windows/dos command line
program that will take however long it takes, but be less dependant on
memory for this job?

Thanks,

Equiprawn