POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Inverse Kinematics Neck Include File out now ! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Inverse Kinematics Neck Include File out now ! (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Rune
Subject: Inverse Kinematics Neck Include File out now !
Date: 24 Jan 2000 15:47:21
Message: <388cba59@news.povray.org>
My Inverse Kinematics Neck Include File
is out now! It's available from here:

http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/ikn/ikn.html

The Inverse Kinematics Neck Include File (or just
ikn.inc) allows you to create smooth strings of
objects which you can use for long necks, long
tails, and many other things. You use it by
specifying, as a minimum, end points, forward and
up vectors at these points, the thickness in both
ends, and the length of the neck. After that you
include ikn.inc, and it will, amongst other
things, create an array with transformations
ready to apply to objects of your choice.

See povray.binaries.images for sample images and
for more information, and see
povray.binaries.animations for a 347 KB 5 seconds
long animated gif.

I've documented the include file, but I don't
think the documentation is very good, so if anyone
feel they could explain it better it would be
great.

I hope you find the IKN include file useful, and
please give me some feedback!

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated January 24: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,

> The Inverse Kinematics Neck Include File (or just
> ikn.inc) allows you to create smooth strings of
> objects which you can use for long necks, long
> tails, and many other things. You use it by
> specifying, as a minimum, end points, forward and
> up vectors at these points, the thickness in both
> ends, and the length of the neck. After that you
> include ikn.inc, and it will, amongst other
> things, create an array with transformations
> ready to apply to objects of your choice.
>
> See povray.binaries.images for sample images and
> for more information, and see
> povray.binaries.animations for a 347 KB 5 seconds
> long animated gif.
>
> I've documented the include file, but I don't
> think the documentation is very good, so if anyone
> feel they could explain it better it would be
> great.
>
> I hope you find the IKN include file useful, and
> please give me some feedback!
>
> Greetings,
>
> Rune
>
> ---
> Updated January 24: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
> Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,
> The POV Desktop Theme, 350+ raytracing jokes,
> miscellaneous other things, and a lot of fun!

Got it!

Thanks.

Now to find some time to figure out how it works.

oooooooo

Remco

Post a reply to this message

> > The Inverse Kinematics Neck Include File (or just
> > ikn.inc) allows you to create smooth strings of
> > objects which you can use for long necks, long
> > tails, and many other things. You use it by
> > specifying, as a minimum, end points, forward and
> > up vectors at these points, the thickness in both
> > ends, and the length of the neck. After that you
> > include ikn.inc, and it will, amongst other
> > things, create an array with transformations
> > ready to apply to objects of your choice.
> >
> > See povray.binaries.images for sample images and
> > for more information, and see
> > povray.binaries.animations for a 347 KB 5 seconds
> > long animated gif.
> >
> > I've documented the include file, but I don't
> > think the documentation is very good, so if anyone
> > feel they could explain it better it would be
> > great.
> >
> > I hope you find the IKN include file useful, and
> > please give me some feedback!
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Rune
> >
> > ---
> > Updated January 24: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
> > Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,
> > The POV Desktop Theme, 350+ raytracing jokes,
> > miscellaneous other things, and a lot of fun!
>
> Got it!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Now to find some time to figure out how it works.
>
> oooooooo
>
> Remco

O, by the way, very nice demo-animation!

Post a reply to this message

>> Now to find some time to figure out how it works.
>>
>> oooooooo
>>
>> Remco
>
>O, by the way, very nice demo-animation!

That was some quick responses!

Thanks!

Greetings,

Rune