POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm Older Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  I'm Older (Message 41 to 50 of 100)
From: Mark Gordon
Subject: Re: I'm Older
Date: 20 Nov 1999 11:05:02
Message: <3836D61F.BDBCDBBE@mailbag.com>
I'm not sure whether the places are current residence or place of
birth.  Anyways...

Mark Gordon
March 30,1970
Born: Mankato, Minnesota, USA
Living in: Madison, Wisconsin, USA

-Mark Gordon

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve
Date: 20 Nov 1999 11:30:43
Message: <3835FE2B.99076EB@ndirect.co.uk>
I thought you were German?

From: omniVERSE
Date: 20 Nov 1999 15:28:35
Message: <38370473@news.povray.org>
Rune <run### [at] inamecom> wrote in message
> omniVERSE wrote:
> >Btw, I see that Rune Johansen still has the preview
> >web page form for the Povray User Database up:
> >http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayuserbase/preview.htm
>
> Yes, but I stopped working on it :-(
>
> I really only had an rough idea and I'm not at all
> able to do all the work by myself.
> I hoped it could be a project that several people
> could work on but it didn't work out so I have given up.
> If anyone would like to take over the project they are
> more than welcome to.

I can understand that.  Between reading up on the conversations, seeing the
visuals here at the povray newsgroups and my continual delving into
raytracing the little time I put into keeping up with *the world of povray
users map* is noticeable.  Used to be almost couple hours every week or two
just to render the several images for it until getting a faster cpu and that
isn't counting the editing and uploading etc.  Doesn't sound like much
really, and it isn't, but it still takes away time from other things.
A full-fledged database sounds very time consuming.  If everyone would join
the Pov-Ring and have a information-filled homepage that would sure suffice
(just wouldn't be the same though).

Bob

Post a reply to this message