POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I don't get it... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:32:26 EDT (-0400)
  I don't get it... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: TonyB
Subject: I don't get it...
Date: 5 Nov 1999 17:26:16
Message: <38235988@news.povray.org>
How do I use Vansickle's SSS? I just don't get it. The explanations at the
site seem lacking. There isn't really any set procedure or series of simple
steps. Could somebody please explain why this following code parses and
parses, but never goes anywhere, yet seems to consume little memory (quick
exit)? What am I doing wrong? Did I omit some important step? This is only
the result of guessing...

#include "sss.inc"

#debug "Reading in mesh....\n"
ReadPCM("rock2.pcm")
#debug "Done...............\n"
#debug "Preparing mesh.....\n"
PrepMesh() <-- it gets stuck here...
#debug "Done...............\n"
#debug "Dividing mesh......\n"
Divide(1)
#debug "Done...............\n"
#debug "Writing new mesh...\n"
WriteSmoothPCM("rock3.pcm",5)
#debug "Done...............\n"

Post a reply to this message

> How do I use Vansickle's SSS? I just don't get it. The explanations at
> the site seem lacking. There isn't really any set procedure or series
> of simple steps. Could somebody please explain why this following code
> parses and parses, but never goes anywhere, yet seems to consume
> little memory (quick exit)? What am I doing wrong? Did I omit some
> important step? This is only the result of guessing...
>
> #include "sss.inc"
>
> #debug "Reading in mesh....\n"
> ReadPCM("rock2.pcm")
> #debug "Done...............\n"
> #debug "Preparing mesh.....\n"
> PrepMesh() <-- it gets stuck here...
> #debug "Done...............\n"
> #debug "Dividing mesh......\n"
> Divide(1)
> #debug "Done...............\n"
> #debug "Writing new mesh...\n"
> WriteSmoothPCM("rock3.pcm",5)

How many triangles are in the first file?  PrepMesh() can take a very
long time if there are a lot of them.

Regards,
John
--