POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read fiasco Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:31:20 EDT (-0400)
  #read fiasco (Message 63 to 72 of 102)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: BLESS YOU!
Date: 11 Aug 1999 12:10:22
Message: <37b1a06e@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:04:44 -0400, Bernd M. Jordan wrote:
>One thing that struck me while following the discussion (which, btw, is
>really way off topic) is that some of you use a newsreader from the old
>times, i.e. when the net was used only by students and other members of the
>mental elite. Yet, all of you cannot wait until a new version of PoV-Ray
>comes out. That IMHO is schizophrenic.

I don't understand this.  I use the most modern newsreader I could find,
one that has features Netscape, Microsoft, and even Forte haven't bothered
to provide in their primitive newsreaders, and yet people still insist that
it is obsolete.  Let the GUI brainwashing commence, I guess.

Perhaps we should ask the POV-Team to stop wasting time on that MS-DOS
port, and the Unix povray and s-povray versions.  After all, if it doesn't
have windows and a mouse, it's primitive.  And I guess that Macintosh port
isn't very useful, either.  I mean, after all, some huge percentage of
people use Windows, so it must be better.  And if they can't use our BMP
files and Moray scenes, that's their problem.  They should clearly upgrade
their computers.

Feh!

For the record, I modified my killfile to only kill Matt in this thread,
because he does have some useful things to say when he's being rational.
I hope to have a vcard filter written for slrn in a day or two, so then
I'll be able to again read his posts without screaming.  Users of other
open-source newsreader software who know C (that means you, Warp :) ),
I urge you to take up the gauntlet: add a vcard filter to your newsreader,
then submit it back to your newsreader's maintainer.  Make the world a
better place for everyone, and let the Netscape users rot in their own
private vcard-inundated hell.

Post a reply to this message