POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read fiasco : Re: BLESS YOU! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BLESS YOU!
From: David Heys
Date: 11 Aug 1999 12:39:23
Message: <37B1A6EE.B81CFAC1@hotmail.com>
Hey Matt,

First, let me say that I'm not about to tell you what you should do or should not
do. I'm also not about to tell you that your own choices are right or wrong. I
don't have the right or the privilege. There's a lot of heat flying around on this
topic and I am not inclined to add to it. Instead, I thought I'd just share my
point of view as to how I do things, without placing judgment on anyone else.

For me, I view these newsgroups as a resource. Typically, I post to them to ask
questions, answer questions, get opinions or offer opinions. When I'm posting
messages, one of the primary considerations I have is whether or not everyone will
be able to read my messages. There have been times when I have been tempted to add
in colored text, bold or italicized text, etc. But I always resist the temptation.
Doing otherwise may preclude the ability of some readers to understand what I am
saying. That, in my mind, would end up defeating the purpose of my posting
something in the first place. It could also end up precluding my getting the
answers I need.

Anyhow. That's how I do things. :{) Hope I haven't wasted more than a moment or two
of your time. But if I have, feel free to filter me out in the future. <grin>

David