POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A little technical help please Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:10:06 EDT (-0400)
  A little technical help please (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Chris Maryan
Subject: A little technical help please
Date: 2 Sep 1999 13:53:10
Message: <37CEBC22.F335ABC1@muss.mcmaster.ca>
This is not related to POV but it does directly affect my ability to
view the POV newsgroups.
Is it possible to get MS Outlook Express to display a newsgroup message
as it is loading (i.e. netscape style)?
I recently purchased a new computer (of course it's for the exclusive
purpose of running POV-Ray :-) and, until I get access to my campus
network, I'm stuck on a 14.4 modem. This prevents me from downloading
Netscape, POV and the like, in a reasonable amount of time and I am
stuck reading the NGs in Outlook Express.

Thanks,

--
Chris Maryan
mailto:kma### [at] hotmailcom

Post a reply to this message

Guess you mean to see images download a little at a time maybe?  I
haven't seen anything that would change that.  However you can at
least make messages appear as being read a lot quicker than the
default.  Tools/Options... and Read tab, the top checkbox there.  I'm
a Outlook newbie so there's plenty I don't know.  There's also a
checkbox for sending and receiving messages at program startup under
the General tab.

Bob