POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now (Message 21 to 30 of 35)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: SamuelT
Subject: Re: Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now
Date: 24 Aug 1999 22:57:46
Message: <37C35C96.96876D2B@aol.com>
smellenbergh wrote:

> SamuelT. <STB### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
> > Oh, could I get some feedback about the tutorial? Either a post or e-mail
> > is fine. I just need to know if it is worth putting up more isosurface
> > tutorials. Thanks.
> >
> Hi,
> It sure is worth it.
> Actually: "does anyone know about docs or a tutorial for the
> isosurface?"" has become a FAQ in these newsgroups.
>
> We often see stunning isosurface images. Only to make us wish we knew
> more about maths. Your tutorial shows that it isn't that difficult after
> all.
> Please go on with it.
>
> -smellenbergh
>
> --
> e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe
>
> Site of the POV-RayUnofficial for Macintosh (isosurface patch included)
> http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh

Thank you for the support! I'm glad you were able to understand it :)

--
Samuel Benge

STB### [at] aolcom

"While you were sleeping
he went on keeping the final line in his mind."
 -Tortoise and the Hare, The Moody Blues

Post a reply to this message

From: SamuelT
Date: 24 Aug 1999 23:07:08
Message: <37C35EC7.7F3669C9@aol.com>
David Heys wrote:

> Hey Samuel,
>
> I notice there are a lot of predetermined functions already. Thing like
> Torus (which you mentioned) and Mesh (I just saw on:
>
> http://www.etl.go.jp/etl/linac/public/rsuzuki/e/povray/iso/index.html
> Which is one of the sites that detail (to some degree) the isosurface
> patch. This is the same one that's built into Superpatch, right?

By having that link, you know about as much as I do about the predefined
functions.

It is pretty much the same patch; you can call up sphere and torus in the
new Superpatch.

> How can
> I:
>
> a) Find a list of all these predefined functions and a description of
> what shapes they produce.
>
> b) See the actual math of these functions if I want to play with one or
> more of them?
>
> David

I wish I knew. Perhaps you can e-mail the owner of that site?

I really only know what I saw on that site and what I've experimented with
when it comes to isosurfaces.