POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now : Re: Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now
From: SamuelT
Date: 24 Aug 1999 23:07:08
Message: <37C35EC7.7F3669C9@aol.com>
David Heys wrote:

> Hey Samuel,
>
> I notice there are a lot of predetermined functions already. Thing like
> Torus (which you mentioned) and Mesh (I just saw on:
>
> http://www.etl.go.jp/etl/linac/public/rsuzuki/e/povray/iso/index.html
> Which is one of the sites that detail (to some degree) the isosurface
> patch. This is the same one that's built into Superpatch, right?

By having that link, you know about as much as I do about the predefined
functions.

It is pretty much the same patch; you can call up sphere and torus in the
new Superpatch.

> How can
> I:
>
> a) Find a list of all these predefined functions and a description of
> what shapes they produce.
>
> b) See the actual math of these functions if I want to play with one or
> more of them?
>
> David

I wish I knew. Perhaps you can e-mail the owner of that site?

I really only know what I saw on that site and what I've experimented with
when it comes to isosurfaces.

--
Samuel Benge

STB### [at] aolcom

"While you were sleeping
he went on keeping the final line in his mind."
 -Tortoise and the Hare, The Moody Blues