POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now : Re: Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface Online Tutorial - I have a website now
From: Ron Parker
Date: 25 Aug 1999 10:01:26
Message: <37c3f736@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:15:20 -0800, David Heys wrote:

>I notice there are a lot of predetermined functions already. Thing like
>Torus (which you mentioned) and Mesh (I just saw on:
>
>http://www.etl.go.jp/etl/linac/public/rsuzuki/e/povray/iso/index.html
>
>Which is one of the sites that detail (to some degree) the isosurface
>patch. This is the same one that's built into Superpatch, right? How can
>I:
>
>a) Find a list of all these predefined functions and a description of
>what shapes they produce.
>
>b) See the actual math of these functions if I want to play with one or
>more of them?

For both answers, get a copy of the source code and look at isofunc.c .
Not all of the builtins are just straight functions; some of them, such
as rounded box, are complex conditional expressions.

If you just want the builtins and their parameters, look at the superpatch
docs or at this page from R. Suzuki's old POV 2.2 equipotsurface patch,
where I got the docs from originally:

http://www.etl.go.jp/etl/linac/public/rsuzuki/e/povray/exmplint.htm