POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calculating patricle field density Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:39:21 EDT (-0400)
  Calculating patricle field density (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Calculating patricle field density
Date: 29 Jul 1999 23:10:06
Message: <37a214ad.8986978@204.213.191.228>
How do I calculate the density of a particle field in some point in
space? Suppose that the positions of all particles are stored in an
array.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Calculating patricle field density
Date: 29 Jul 1999 23:27:54
Message: <37A11BC9.FE29C5F2@compuserve.com>
Calculate the distance from each particle, and use an equation like
1/distance^2(depending on what you want) for each particle, and add the
amount of contribution from each particle(not average). Getting the
distance and calculating is sometimes not much slower than skipping
particles beyond a certain distance, although that may help.

Post a reply to this message

> How do I calculate the density of a particle field in some point in
> space? Suppose that the positions of all particles are stored in an
> array.
>
> Peter Popov
> ICQ: 15002700

 Just for kicks you might take a look: