POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows splash screens Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Windows splash screens (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Rune S  Johansen
Subject: Windows splash screens
Date: 10 Jul 1999 20:08:21
Message: <3787e075@news.povray.org>
I am working with parts of The POV Desktop Theme and I need some information
about the windows splash screens as I am planning to make my own. I hope
this is not considered too much OT.

In windows 95 there's the screen that comes when the computer boots, the
screen that says that the computer is shutting down, and the screen that
says that you can now safely shut down the computer.

These screens are .bmp images with .sys extensions normally located at
c:\logo.sys, c:\windows\logow.sys, and c:\windows\logos.sys.

So here comes the questions:

What about Windows 98? Are things the same there? Do you have all the three
screens or only some of them? Where are they located, and what are their
names?

And do I dare to ask the Windows NT users? Do you have these screens at all?

Thanks!

The already finished parts of The POV Desktop Theme can be found on my
website http://welcome.to/rsj in the Miscellaneous section.

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen

---
Visit The RSJ Website at http://welcome.to/rsj
for 3D images including still lives, dragons,
mathematical shapes, and more. Stereograms,
tutorials, The POV Desktop Theme, all the jokes
"you know you have been raytracing too long when",

>I am working with parts of The POV Desktop Theme and I need some
information
>about the windows splash screens as I am planning to make my own. I hope
>this is not considered too much OT.
>
>In windows 95 there's the screen that comes when the computer boots, the
>screen that says that the computer is shutting down, and the screen that
>says that you can now safely shut down the computer.
>
>These screens are .bmp images with .sys extensions normally located at
>c:\logo.sys, c:\windows\logow.sys, and c:\windows\logos.sys.
>
>So here comes the questions:
>
>What about Windows 98? Are things the same there? Do you have all the three
>screens or only some of them? Where are they located, and what are their
>names?

Yes, they are the same under Windoze 98.

Mark

Post a reply to this message