POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows splash screens : Re: Windows splash screens Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows splash screens
From: Lance Birch
Date: 12 Jul 1999 02:27:38
Message: <37898ada@news.povray.org>
>BTW, how do you make the color cycling work, Lance? I have to do it
manually

>an "i" !).
>
>Also, Lance, may I see the images you made?

The color cycling utility can be found in one of the reply posts to your
image in p.b.i.  The images I made were part of a full windows theme that a
friend and I made together one morning at around 4 am over the net :)  The
idea was that we needed a scheme that would take us through the nights
without burning the windows into our eyes!  ;-)  The end theme is a deep
blue with green highlights and some nifty other colors that don't seem to
destroy our eyes as much, and is based around The Prodigy and overclocking

with an addition "Overclocked" added into the embosded text and flames
smoking off it :)  I'm sorry but this one I don't send to anyway (as is the
case with the scheme) because it took so long to do it and although I know
that you wouldn't give it to anyone else, I still don't give it out.

On the subject of the POV startup screen however, from my experiance it is
good to keep it simple and keep it without TOO much detail (because of the
terribly low resolution).

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind