POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows splash screens : Re: Windows splash screens Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows splash screens
From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 11 Jul 1999 16:48:52
Message: <37890334@news.povray.org>
Lance Birch wrote:
>>Instead of using a program to add the color band, you can make anything in
>>the picture use the cycling of the palette. I.e. you can make some
blinking
>>text or some colored dots smoothly changing colors. These color cycling
>>effects work only for the boot screen as far as I know.
>

>start-up screen as fair as I know.  I had a lot of problems when making my
>computer's scheme and start-up screen because I kept getting a strange
>border color.  So I eventually had to do a bin edit on the image :)  It
>worked :)
>
>--
>Lance.

I posted an image to the images group.
It is named "POV splash screen for windows".
What do you think of it?

BTW, how do you make the color cycling work, Lance? I have to do it manually

an "i" !).

Also, Lance, may I see the images you made?

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen

---
Visit The RSJ Website at http://welcome.to/rsj
for 3D images including still lives, dragons,
mathematical shapes, and more. Stereograms,
tutorials, The POV Desktop Theme, all the jokes
"you know you have been raytracing too long when",