POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Windows splash screens : Re: Windows splash screens Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows splash screens
From: Rune S  Johansen
Date: 11 Jul 1999 08:03:17
Message: <37888805@news.povray.org>
Lance Birch wrote:
>Yup, Mark's right, and also there are a couple of proggies available to
>allow the "color band" cycling of the palette.  Plus, something to note is
>that the border color of the screen palette will be the first color index,
>so it's best to make that color black.
>
>Not sure about NT.
>
>--
>Lance.

Thanks for the responds, I hoped it was the same in W98!

Instead of using a program to add the color band, you can make anything in
the picture use the cycling of the palette. I.e. you can make some blinking
text or some colored dots smoothly changing colors. These color cycling
effects work only for the boot screen as far as I know.

If anybody is interested, I can make a webpage which explains the details.

Didn't know that the first color = border, though. I must have a look at
that.

Greetings,

Rune S. Johansen

---
Visit The RSJ Website at http://welcome.to/rsj
for 3D images including still lives, dragons,
mathematical shapes, and more. Stereograms,
tutorials, The POV Desktop Theme, all the jokes
"you know you have been raytracing too long when",