POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any quake players out there ? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Any quake players out there ? (Message 1 to 10 of 34)
From: newsadmin
Subject: Any quake players out there ?
Date: 25 Jun 1999 14:08:51
Message: <3773c43c.25271156@news.povray.org>
Any quake players out there ?

I've set up two AQ2 (Action Quake 2) servers at quake2.povray.org.

  quake2.povray.org:27910     DM
  quake2.povray.org:27920     Teamplay

If you do play quake2 but haven't tried AQ2, it's worth getting. You can get
the AQ2 files from action.telefragged.com, and the maps from the map archive
(http://aqmd.telefragged.com/archive.html). You'll be wanting -

  actcity2
  actcity3
  cliff2
  ghetto
  lighthouse
  locknload
  police
  rhcity1
  teamjungle
  urban2
  urban3

some of which (I think) are in the default PAK file that comes with AQ2.

You may also like to get the model packs from http://guild.telefragged.com/

  http://www.telefragged.com/mirrors/mirror.pl?guild/guildpacks/modelpack1.zip
  http://www.telefragged.com/mirrors/mirror.pl?guild/guildpacks/modelpack2.zip

but that's not essential (though I recommend you do).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message