POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Indirect Lighting(Reflective Ceiling) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Indirect Lighting(Reflective Ceiling) (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Larkril
Subject: Indirect Lighting(Reflective Ceiling)
Date: 21 Jun 1999 14:37:23
Message: <376e8663@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to simulate indirect lighting, by bouncing lights off of the
ceiling before it hits the objects below.  But it doesn't seem to be
bouncing down!  Everything below the light is pitch black, but the ceiling
is a bright white.  Does POVray just not do this or am I doing something
wrong?  Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to simulate indirect lighting, by bouncing lights off of the
> ceiling before it hits the objects below.  But it doesn't seem to be
> bouncing down!  Everything below the light is pitch black, but the ceiling
> is a bright white.  Does POVray just not do this or am I doing something
> wrong?  Thanks.

Pov simply does not do this. You are better of trying area lights using
fade distance and fade power to acieve this affect or learn to use
radiosity. The first method will defintely be the easiest to learn and
use.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net