POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: New Superpatch available for download (finally) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE: New Superpatch available for download (finally) (Message 21 to 27 of 27)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Re: Uh, what does this superpatch do? (was)Re: ANNOUNCE: New Superpatch available for download (finally)
Date: 15 Jun 1999 11:55:26
Message: <376676DC.7E60A8CC@geocities.com>
I'm not sure what you mean by "in the archive."

Are there new features?

Does this release simply have all of the "Superpatch for 3.1a" features, but with
bug fixes relative to 3.1e?  I'm satisfied (perhaps a great understatement) with
3.1a Superpatch, and ain't interested in a new version unless there are new
features.

Ron Parker wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:32:42 -0400, Dan <sei### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
>
> >Sorry to be so obtuse, but I can't seem to find any documentation on what this
> >superpatch does, or how I'm supposed to install it....
>
> The documentation and installation instructions are in the archive.
> I'll be building a webpage soonish, I hope.  I just wanted to get it
> online so Ken would stop bugging me. :)
>
> Here's a section from the docs:
>
>  What is the Superpatch?
>
>           The Superpatch is an unofficial build of POV-Ray.
>           Like many unofficial builds, it adds new features
>           to POV.  However, the Superpatch is intended to
>           fulfill a loftier goal than merely to offer new
>           features.  The goal of the Superpatch is to offer
>           as many features as possible in a single
>           unofficial build, allowing you to use the new
>           features from a diverse collection of unofficial
>           builds in a single package.
>
>           The Superpatch was conceived and executed by Ron
>           Parker, par### [at] fwicom, but it contains the work
>           of a great many people...
>
>           The Superpatch is an UNOFFICIAL build of POV-Ray
>           and is not supported by the POV-Team.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm not sure what you mean by "in the archive."
>
> Are there new features?
>
> Does this release simply have all of the "Superpatch for 3.1a" features, but with
> bug fixes relative to 3.1e?  I'm satisfied (perhaps a great understatement) with
> 3.1a Superpatch, and ain't interested in a new version unless there are new
> features.

Of course there are new features. A few bugs fixed as well. It also supports
the new editor dll of Pov v3.1e so makes it more comaptible with the current
official version of Pov. The download is under a meg so why wait ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message