POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: New Superpatch available for download (finally) : Re: Uh, what does this superpatch do? (was)Re: ANNOUNCE: New Superpatch available for download (finally) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uh, what does this superpatch do? (was)Re: ANNOUNCE: New Superpatch available for download (finally)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 15 Jun 1999 19:39:10
Message: <3766e251.76841728@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:26:36 +0100, "Matthew Bennett"
<ben### [at] btinternetcom> wrote:

>It's a bit out of character for the POV team not to release source code
>though isn't it... or has it something to do with the fact that part of
>their editor has been developed by someone else?...

I asked about that myself a while back.  The reason I was given is
that Chris Cason, the primary Windows guy on the Team, has been
working hard on getting us this nice shiny new server and generally
facilitating the Team's move from CompuServe.  I can certainly respect
that, and I don't begrudge him whatever spare time he has remaining.