POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : silly features Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  silly features (Message 1 to 10 of 41)
From: Remco de Korte
Subject: silly features
Date: 8 Jun 1999 07:27:08
Message: <375CFE92.F4F027F2@xs4all.nl>
I did it before and I'll do it again: suggest a new feature which will probably
be seen as silly and redundant. Anyway, I think it would be really "cool" if you
had the possibility to define by which lightsources an object is lit. So, for
instance, in a scene you have four light_sources lighting the scene, but one
"ghostly" object is only lit by one. This would mean you'd have to name the
lightsource (optional) and add an (optional) statement to an object like
"lit_by" or something.
I realize there are ways (especially with postprocessing) to do this already,
but I haven't found a convincing way yet. At this moment I could use such an
option, but seeing that I don't know how to get this effect I'll have to drop
it. Unless someone enlightens me... (tough luck ;-) )

Regards,

Remco

Post a reply to this message

> I did it before and I'll do it again: suggest a new feature which will probably
> be seen as silly and redundant. Anyway, I think it would be really "cool" if you
> had the possibility to define by which lightsources an object is lit...

Not a silly feature.  RenderMan spec requires it.  3DS Max has it.

Xander

Post a reply to this message