POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:37:29 EDT (-0400)
  Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch?
Date: 7 May 1999 23:10:02
Message: <37339cfa.0@news.povray.org>
There is a program out there called sine wave surfer that can make
seamless tiled images of all kinds of looks.  From its web page comes to
mind one striking image of some kind of glowing green metallic ooze, all
seamless!

Rather than download this program, even if it were freeware, I was
trying to do the same thing with the isosurface PIGMENT feature in
Superpatch.  I figured that the easiest way to make a seamless tile was
with a trig-function based pigment, viewed orthographically.   I tried
around with several different functions, but everything essentially
looked like marching squares and circles.

Is there an algorithmic way to use POV to make a seamless tile,
especially with the superpatch?

Post a reply to this message

> There is a program out there called sine wave surfer that can make
> seamless tiled images of all kinds of looks.  From its web page comes to
> mind one striking image of some kind of glowing green metallic ooze, all
> seamless!
>
> Rather than download this program, even if it were freeware, I was
> trying to do the same thing with the isosurface PIGMENT feature in
> Superpatch.  I figured that the easiest way to make a seamless tile was
> with a trig-function based pigment, viewed orthographically.   I tried
> around with several different functions, but everything essentially
> looked like marching squares and circles.
>
> Is there an algorithmic way to use POV to make a seamless tile,
> especially with the superpatch?

Yes. Chris Colefax has an include file to do exactly this... I think you
may ask uncle Ken for the link, since I don't have _any_ of my
links/bookmarks left here  *sobs*

//Spider
--No sig. *sig(h)*

Post a reply to this message