POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch? : Re: Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 8 May 1999 13:19:00
Message: <373463f4.0@news.povray.org>
No, I'm sorry, I was trying to avoid dling the official Sine Wave Surfer
and I already have the Superpatch.  My question was a mathematical one.

I want, say, an irregular-looking pattern that is at the same time
tileable. Something fractal-looking, animal-scale-looking, or metal-bubble
looking.  All of the functions I have plugged into the pigment function of
the superpatch look like boring arrays of circles & squares.  Has anyone
gotten any formulas to yield interesting, REGULAR patterns in the pigment
function?

Here is some code I've used with previous options commented out.

pigment{
           function {
                   //abs(cos(z))+abs(cos(y))+abs(cos(x))
                   // cos (x*2*rr)^2*cos(y*3*rr)+

abs(cos(x*rr)*sin(y*rr)/3+1/4*cos(x*rr/4)*sin(y*rr/4))^0.5
                   }
             color_map{
                    [0.0 rgb<0 1 0>]
                    [0.6 rgb<1 1 0>]