POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch? : Re: Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imitate Sine Wave Surfer with superpatch?
From: Ken
Date: 8 May 1999 13:28:53
Message: <37346B2B.A87C01CB@pacbell.net>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> No, I'm sorry, I was trying to avoid dling the official Sine Wave Surfer
> and I already have the Superpatch.  My question was a mathematical one.
>
> I want, say, an irregular-looking pattern that is at the same time
> tileable. Something fractal-looking, animal-scale-looking, or metal-bubble
> looking.  All of the functions I have plugged into the pigment function of
> the superpatch look like boring arrays of circles & squares.  Has anyone
> gotten any formulas to yield interesting, REGULAR patterns in the pigment
> function?
>
> Here is some code I've used with previous options commented out.

  I was simply replying to Mick''s post where he asked for an address.
I really don't have much to offer in regards to special patterns in the
superpatch. It really wouldn't hurt for you to take a look at what Chris
Colefax has done with an include file to make tilable patterns in the
official build of Pov. There might be some code in there that you can
learn from.

  Sorry for the lack of help but it's the best I can offer at this time.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net