POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How many of you overclock your CPU ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  How many of you overclock your CPU ? (Message 14 to 23 of 23)
From: Fabien Mosen
Subject: Re: How many of you overclock your CPU ?
Date: 3 May 1999 02:45:31
Message: <372D36BE.A4B63605@compuserve.com>
Lewis wrote:

> That's another aspect of overclocking - it's theft, at least legally.

What about the thiefs who sells the SAME chip a different prices, just
to artificially create a low-end and a high-end market ?

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

From: Lance Birch
Date: 3 May 1999 06:15:19
Message: <372d6927.0@news.povray.org>
Yeah, I don't really see why it's theft... after all, you've bought it...
it's yours to use how you see fit... you could use it as a paper weight if
you wan't (granted, an expensive paper weight)...

You could blow it to bits if you wanted... it's yours, isn't it?  For
example, Intel couldn't just come around to your house and tell they want to
use your processor that you bought off them... it's yours, right?

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind
Fabien Mosen <101### [at] compuservecom> wrote in message
<372D36BE.A4B63605@compuserve.com>...
>Lewis wrote:
>>
>> That's another aspect of overclocking - it's theft, at least legally.
>
>What about the thiefs who sells the SAME chip a different prices, just
>to artificially create a low-end and a high-end market ?
>
>Fabien.

Post a reply to this message