POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How many of you overclock your CPU ? : Re: How many of you overclock your CPU ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How many of you overclock your CPU ?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 3 May 1999 10:09:15
Message: <372D9FD2.5AF90FC9@peak.edu.ee>
I think you misunderstood the article. Cooling per se does not increase the
speed of a chip. Indeed, at least one company sells computers  with
super-cooled processors (AMD K-3). And these processors _are_ oveclocked.
This is very different from remarking (which is illegal and cheating). The
company makes it very clear what processor is used and that it is
overclocked, so all is legal. The processor manufacturer will simply not
accept any liability for such a product.

Margus